I am an Associate Professor of Geometry at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Salerno, Italy. In 2018 I got the Italian National Scientific Habilitation (ASN) to Full Professor, Area 01/A2 (Algebra and Geometry).
I work on Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics.
Dr. Luca Vitagliano,
Via Giovanni Paolo II, n 123
84084 Fisciano (SA), Italy
Office: Campus di Fisciano, Invariante 12B, First Floor, Room n 035
phone: +39 089 96 33 31
fax: +39 089 96 33 03
No news at the moment!
Geometry at UniSa
- Differential Geometry Group at the University of Salerno
My research interests include Differential Geometry, Geometric Methods in Mathematical Physics, Geometric Methods for PDEs, Differential Calculus over Commutative Algebras, Homological Methods in Geometry and Physics, Secondary Calculus.
- My Curriculum Vitae
- My Research papers
- Selected Talks and Lecture Notes
(2016-2019, Sapienza - University of Rome)
Research Topic: Deformations of Vector Bundles in the Category of Lie Groupoids (defended February 11, 2020).
(2016-2019, University of Salerno)
Thesis Title: Local and Global Properties of Jacobi related Geometries (defended December 18, 2019).
(2013-2016, University of Florence)
Thesis Title: Deformations of Coisotropic Submanifolds in Jacobi Manifolds (defended March 10, 2017).
This year (2020/2021) I teach:
- Geometry I (undergraduate degree in Mathematics: 1st year, 1st semester, even badge number), co-teaching with Gianni Sparano
- Geometry II (undergraduate degree in Mathematics: 1st year, 2nd semester, odd badge number)
- Elements of Higher Geometry (Master degree in Mathematics: 1st year, 1st semester)
Interested students may write a thesis with me on Linear Algebra, Homological Algebra, Algebraic Topology, Calculus and Commutative Algebra, Differential Geometry, Differential Geometric Methods in Theoretical Mechanics, Differential Geometric Methods for PDEs.