I am an Associate Professor of Geometry at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Salerno, Italy. In 2018 I got the Italian National Scientific Habilitation (ASN) to Full Professor, Area 01/A2 (Algebra and Geometry).
I work in Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics.
Dr. Luca Vitagliano,
Via Giovanni Paolo II, n 123
84084 Fisciano (SA), Italy
Office: University Campus in Fisciano, Building F2, First Floor, Room n 035
phone: +39 089 96 33 31
fax: +39 089 96 33 03
official web page: http://docenti.unisa.it/luca.vitagliano
No news at the moment!
Geometry at UniSa
- Differential Geometry Group at the University of Salerno
My research interests include Differential Geometry, Geometric Methods in Mathematical Physics, Geometric Methods for PDEs, Differential Calculus over Commutative Algebras, Homological Methods in Geometry and Physics, Secondary Calculus.
- My Curriculum Vitae
- My Research papers
- Selected Talks and Lecture Notes
(2021-present, University di Salerno)
Research Topic: Contact Structures on Differentiable Stacks.
(2016-2019, Sapienza - University of Rome)
Thesis Title: Deformations of Vector Bundles in the Category of Lie Groupoids (defended February 11, 2020).
(2016-2019, University of Salerno)
Thesis Title: Local and Global Properties of Jacobi related Geometries (defended December 18, 2019).
(2013-2016, University of Florence)
Thesis Title: Deformations of Coisotropic Submanifolds in Jacobi Manifolds (defended March 10, 2017).
This year (2021/2022) I teach:
- Geometry II (undergraduate degree in Mathematics: 1st year, 2nd semester, odd badge number).
- Homology and Cohomology (undergraduate degree in Mathematics: 3rd year, 1st semester, free choice course).
- Elements of Higher Geometry (Master degree in Mathematics: 1st year, 1st semester).
- Homological Methods in Differential Geometry (PhD in Mathematics, Physics and Applications).
· Geometry II (in Italian)
Interested students may write a thesis with me on Linear Algebra, Homological Algebra, Algebraic Topology, Calculus and Commutative Algebra, Differential Geometry, Differential Geometric Methods in Theoretical Mechanics, Differential Geometric Methods for PDEs.